Altice Mobile launched its regional MVNO type mobile service on September 5th, 2019.
Altice's footprint is only 21 States - making it a poor choice for most nomads seeking a mobile internet solution.
A quick snapshot of Altice's service:
- Altice is an infrastructure-based MVNO with Sprint, meaning Altice owns the core network.
- Altice has constructed about 20,000 Sprint small cells in their coverage areas (21 States), and has about 2 million WiFi hotspots.
- 'Unlimited' Plan includes 50GB of high speed data, then 2G speeds, text, talk, and 600kbps speed mobile hotspot
- Mobile hotspot is always throttled to 600kbps (until the 2G throttle at 50GB)
- Video streams are capped at 480p
- A confusing roaming partnership with AT&T