Get Personal & Private Advising from Mobile Internet Experts
Ever wished someone knowledgable would just tell you what mobile internet equipment would work best for you?
Or someone could take the time to answer your questions and explain this complicated stuff in an easy to understand way?
Everyone's needs are unique, and highly dependent upon how important internet is to you, your budget, your technical comfort level, and your travel style.
We've created a lot of content on this topic, and try to present it in a 'self help' sort of way. But we know how overwhelming all of the options can be to figure out and apply.
We'd love to help you navigate this stuff, and offer private advising sessions so we can take the time to get to know you and your needs to make an informed recommendation.
We're Chris and Cherie, hosts here at RVMobileInternet.com and authors of The Mobile Internet Handbook. We've been on the road ourselves since 2006, working remotely and depending on mobile internet for our livelyhood. We keep on top of a wide array of solutions, and have our finger on the pulse of this niche industry.
We'll be happy to book a private session with you to discuss your goals of keeping online while being mobile, help you understand your options and build a shopping list together designed just for you.
We know what works, because we depend on this stuff ourselves. And we've tried a lot of it.
One session can save you hours of research and lots of money by avoiding making mistakes in purchasing products that won't actually meet your goals. We'll help you select what we think will work best for YOUR unique situation and help you understand why.
Mobile Internet Advisor Package
The Mobile Internet Advisor package is designed to help you assess your needs and design a mobile internet setup custom tailored for your desires, travel style and budget. We've conducted many dozens of these sessions over the years and feel confident in our approach.
Our sessions are ideal for those just getting started or planning for full timing, part timing or seasonal/extended RVing. Or those desiring a refresh of their setup.
Here's how it works:
Start with an Assessment Interview: Fill out our online assessment interview in advance of our session. We'll review it and do a little preliminary research so we can maximize our time together.
- Book your session via our online scheduling system. We set aside one or two days a month for all of our advising calls, and we do tend to get booked up a few weeks in advance. You can check our availability below.
- The Mobile Internet Handbook: To get the most out of our session, we highly recommend at least skimming through our book, which is included with this package. If you don't have time, please go over our Overview Article & Video in advance of our session so that you are familiar with the basics.
- Video or Phone Session: Our interactive session will generally take around 45-60 minutes.
- We use this time to make sure we understand your goals, give you some feedback, discuss your options, answer questions you might have and come up with a game plan that best makes sense for your situation. We welcome you to record the session and we take notes for you.
- We have a strong preference for video sessions. We can host on Skype, FaceTime or Fuze (the same platform we use for our member video chats), or if you have a platform you prefer, we're open to that too. This allows us to be more interactive, do a little show-n-tell with the products we're talking about. Plus, it allows us to get to know you better so that we can give you very individualized advice.
- But sometimes, video just isn't feasible if you or us don't have enough bandwidth to support it (after all, we ARE dealing with mobile internet here). We'll be in touch the day before our session and let you know what we can support at our current location, and coordinate on the best method. If all else fails, we'll revert to a good old fashioned phone call (or if that's your preference anyway, that's great to.)
- Your Custom Written Report with Shopping List: We follow-up with a custom written plan (we take notes during our session so you don't have to) for the mobile internet arsenal we recommend that balances your unique desires, travel style and budget. It'll include links to the products we recommend to make your shopping easier and links to our guides for further research.
- Custom Illustration of Your Setup: We know it's difficult to visualize how all these components come together. So we'll create you a custom graphic that roughly illustrates the setup we've discussed with you (similar to the samples above.)
- Long Term Follow Up Support: Got more questions, or need a little extra guidance after our initial session with setup, shopping or adjustments to your setup? You're welcome to post as many questions as you like in our member forums. Or, if you prefer, we're available for follow-up private calls - just book a session as needed.
- Mobile Internet Aficionados 1-Year Membership: We don't leave you hanging after our call. Which is why all of our mobile internet advising sessions are only available to our premium members. If you're not a member yet, the price reflected below includes your first year of membership (if you are a member and logged in, the price shown reflects just the advising session). This gives you access to ongoing interaction in our Q&A forums, our extensive exclusive guides & product reviews and alerts to 'keep in the know' as things change in the year ahead. Click for more information on our membership program.
Already have a handle on your overall mobile internet needs and just have some questions?
No problem - we're also available for freeform sessions and follow-up consultations. We offer a 45 minute (ideal for 2-3 topics) block of time, and use the time as you wish. Feel free to be in touch before booking a session to see if we think we'll be able to assist with what's on your mind.
Members also have access to 20m sessions for quick follow-ups to previous sessions, or for asking a quick targeted question that they'd prefer not ask in the member forums (these are for pretty specific questions like 'I'm trying to decide between WiFiRanger or Pepwave?' or 'Where should I install my antenna on my RV?.)
Our Plain-English Promise & Disclaimer: We promise that when you book a session we'll give you our time & attention to understand your situation, apply our unique knowledge & perspective, explain the trade-offs of different options and help you understand those options so you can make informed decisions.
We make no promises, or take responsibility, beyond that.
We can only give feedback based on our own personal & professional experiences. While we will make recommendations for products & services that we think will serve your stated needs best at this moment, we can't promise that even if you implement all of our recommendations that you'll have usable connectivity everywhere and anywhere. Or that an option we present will necessarily work for you in actuality, or that our recommendation will be the best option for now and always into the future (plans change, hardware gets discontinued, technology advances and your own needs can shift).
In the end, you are responsible for the purchasing decisions you make, how you utilize them and how you keep up with technology upgrades afterwards. Be sure to follow up your research on the items we discuss during our session before making any purchases - know the risks, customer support policies & warranty terms for each.
Book your session now:
We set aside a couple days a month for our advising sessions. Here are our upcoming availability:
Wednesday, November 2(all sessions booked)
- Tuesday, November 15 ( 9:30am |
Mobile Internet Advising Package
Already a MIA member? Please log in to access your special pricing.
Some Frequent Questions about Booking a Session:
In order to leave time for helping our members in the forums, creating content, tracking the news and keeping sessions feeling 'fresh' (so we can best focus on YOU during our time), we've found we can only handle a handful of sessions a month. We love the one-on-one time helping our members, but they do take a lot of attention and focus.
Also, as full time RVers ourselves, we have to plan our advising days to be while we're parked with great connectivity and a minimal of nearby distractions. As we're generally non-planners, we like to minimize the number of days we have to meet those criteria.
If the dates shown don't work for you, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) before signing up. Depending on what is up for us, we may be able to fit a session at another time, or have you on our radar to contact if all the magical conditions (great connectivity and open time) line up for us to do a last minute session.
- For those outfitting an existing RV, less than 2 months from when you plan to hit the road is most ideal. We can help you even after you've hit the road too.
- If you're approaching a custom build of an RV, we can help in the planning process - generally having your session a month or two before your final specifications need to be made with your manufacturer is ideal.
- If you're looking for some general overviews and rules of thumb for thinking ahead in your longer term planning process - feel free to book a session as far out as you like. Our interview form does ask when you're planning to hit the road. We'll avoid recommending specific products if we know you're not hitting the road within the next couple of months.
If you'd prefer a more freeform session, we do offer General advising - and you can direct the time for how you wish. We can usually address 2-3 topics during one session, depending on the topics. Please note that General sessions do not include the assessment interview or written report, and is entirely at your pace. We recommend you have an outline made in advance of our session to help make sure you get what you desire addressed, and we make no promises that we'll be able to end the session having addressed all your questions.
If you're not sure what your needs are, we highly recommend the full advisor session.
Our Quickie sessions, available only to existing members, are intended for a specific question. Such as a follow up to a prior session, or just running something by us real quickly.
In fact, unless you know for sure you want an advising session - this is what we recommend. Start with a membership, browse our exclusive content, get familiar with the options, maybe even ask a couple questions in the forums. We find most folks can come up with a solution using our resources if they're willing to put the time into reading & watching videos.
If you decide later you would like a private advising session, you can always book one later. There's no special discount with this advising package that you'd be missing out on, it's offered more as a convenience to pay all at once if you so desire.
If you do book a full advising package, you can redeem your session as long as you have an active membership. If you let your membership expire before you redeem and would like a refund on the advising component - please do be in touch.
When we have open time and availability, we are sometimes open to booking a 'General' session to have a casual conversation on other topics. We however just don't have the time to offer in-depth advising or consultations, just general 'pick our brains' type session (ie. we don't do pre-research for you, and can't present you with a written plan going forward... just more of a general conversation).
Please contact us in advance if you'd like such a session - we only do these on an as available basis.
We have worked with North American based RVers of all sorts over the years - from those working on the road, homeschooling and retirees. From full timers, seasonal RVers to those out on a specific short term journey. From US based RVers to those traveling the US who are citizens of other countries. We've even helped US-based boaters.
Whether your needs are an (almost) always-on high bandwidth setup, or just checking in online every so often, we can help steer you down the best path. We also do adjust our advice and language in explaining things based on YOUR technical comfort level.
Situations we know we can't help much with include traveling outside of North America and boating beyond North American coastlines. We're probably also not great resources for space travels at this point (but we dream!).
If you have a unique situation and are unsure if we'll be able to help, feel free to write us at email@example.com and give us a brief synopsis of what you'd like help with. Please mention that you're considering a session, and we'll advise if we think we have information or experience to share that would be of help.