Sample Mobile Internet Setup Explorer
Here you can explore some common mobile internet configurations, including some of the mobile internet setups of other RVers and cruisers.
Use the hover points to learn more about each component of a setup. And then browse the current featured options for each.
Remember - the sky (sometimes literally) is the limit in possibilities - so don't restrict yourself to just these samples.
Personal Setup Examples
Over the years we have met many RVers and cruisers who have created differing mobile internet arsenals to satisfy their specific needs.
While we don’t recommend just copying another person’s setup, looking at the setups of others can be super helpful in understanding how this stuff comes together.
What follows are links to RVers and cruisers who have shared their own mobile internet setups. As the mobile internet world is constantly changing, some of these setups may contain technology or plans that are no longer available. However, we hope you glean a sense of the creativity and variety of solutions fellow nomads have applied to finding mobile internet solution that works for them!
We also recommend reading through our guide to Approaching Your Mobile Internet Solution before diving too deeply into each of the sample set-ups listed below. It's important to understand the ways examining another nomad's setup can be useful - and also the things you need to keep in mind as you do. We have created a guide to help you better understand why there is no one-size-fits-most solution to mobile internet, but that will help you better approach your setup so that you can successfully create an arsenal to support your personal needs and style.:
What We Use - Staff Mobile Internet Setups
Here are the setups that our very own Mobile Internet Resource Center staff use:
- Technomadia - The personal setup of Chris & Cherie (your hosts here) - on the road since 2006 working remotely as software developers and advisors. They split their time between RV and intercoastal cruising in a boat.
- The Free Five - The personal setup of Andy (a contributor here) and his family of five - an adventurous connected family who uses a lot of bandwidth!
- Life with Dyna - The personal setup of Liz (a former contributor here) & Jake - who have been on the road since 2015 working remotely.
Other RVer and Cruiser Setups
- Ben Stein & Family - A family who spent 14 months on Carver Voyager 570 boat, cruising the Great Loop.
- Boondachshunds - Ava and Dylan travel and work remotely, with their dachshunds Melon and Boomer.
- Changing Lanes RV - Chad and Tara hit the road in late 2017 and work remotely, and run a YouTube channel. They share their mobile internet setup.
- Chickery's Travels - Sean and Julie Chickery are a couple of perpetual travelers who continue to work full-time on the road.
- Getaway Couple - Rae & Jason traveling and working full-time by RV since July of 2017.
- Gone with the Wynns– Nikki & Jason hit the road in an RV in 2010, and have now been traveling the work on their sailboat since 2016.
- Live Small, Ride Free - Ching & Jerud are both freelance works who have been full-time in their RV since 2015.
- LivinLite.Net - YouTubers and Bloggers Erik & Kala share the internet setup that has kept them connected for 3 years while working full time on the road. They also run MobileMustHave - a storefront offering tons of Mobile Internet-related products.
- Outside our Bubble - The arsenal of two high-tech geeks who work online - and a high-tech arsenal it is!
- Road Less Traveled - Authors and full-timers Emily & Mark Fagan shared their mobile internet setup that is based around a Verizon data plan and no cell phones!
- RV Inspection and Care - Duane Lipham is an RV Inspector and runs a YouTube channel & blog on the top. In this post, he shares his mobile internet setup.
- RV Lifestyle - Mike & Jennifer have a popular YouTube channel and have been RVing part-time since 2012.
- RVLove - Two remote workers shared the internet setup that kept them connected as they explored the country. Now part-timers, RVLove has become a vast resource for those looking to get started and make RVing a reality!
- RV Miles - Full-time RVers and podcasters share their 3-carrier mobile internet setup.
- RV Outlawz- Full-time RVers Denny & Veronica have remote work corporate jobs that require a lot of connectivity, and share tips for getting online while in Baja.
- Seabits - Steve loves both technology and boating, and writes here about his current setup aboard his boat. He also has several posts about using Starlink on a boat.
- The Snowmads - Kristin and Katy work while traveling full-time, and share how they stay online while adventuring.
- Tiny Shiny House - A family of 6 traveling around the country and homeschooling kids and working remotely.
- Trekkn - Todd & Julie traveled full-time for 17 months with their 3 children, and needed to stay connected for work while they were traveling.
- Vegan RV - Kevin & Laura have been living and working full-time in their RV since September 2016.
- We're The Russos - Joe and Kait have been full-time RVing since 2015.
Is Mobile Internet an Important Part of Your Lifestyle? Go Further with a MIA Membership
This resource center is brought to you by our premium members - our MIAs. We don't sell stuff, we're not sponsored and you won't find 3rd party advertising in our content.
Our focus is on bringing you unbiased educational content.
In thanks for their support, our members get additional in-depth content, reviews, guidance, discounts, alerts and more.