A system of devices that are joined together, either by wires or wireless, so that they can communicate by exchanging information. A network can also share an internet connection to individual devices.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Glossary: LAN
- Glossary: WAN
- Glossary: Cellular
- Verizon Goes Big in C-Band Auction - Investing Billions in 5G SpectrumThe FCC's auction of "C-Band" spectrum blew away all estimates - with carriers spending over $80 billion dollars to acquire new spectrum for 5G network expansion.
- Verizon Prepaid 25GB Smartphone Plan with Mobile Hotspot for $35* At Walmart - For a Limited TimeVerizon Prepaid is offering a 10GB data boost to their 15GB smartphone-based plan at Walmart stores only for a limited time. This brings the total high-speed data allowance of the plan to 25GB - which will remain as 25GB even after the promo period ends.
- Google Fi Promo: 50% Off 'Unlimited' Plan for First 3 Months for New CustomersGoogle Fi, Google's own MNVO that uses Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular cellular networks paired with Wi-Fi hotspots to provide voice, text, and data service, is enticing new customers with 50% off the base price of an 'unlimited' plan for the first three months of service.
- AT&T Business Try-And-Buy Program Offers 50GB of Data for 30 Days on a Moxee Hotspot for FreeAT&T Business has launched a 'Try and Buy' program which offers eligible customers a Moxee mobile hotspot device paired with 50GB of LTE data that is usable for 30 days - whichever comes first - for free.
- Changes Coming to Legacy Sprint Plans as Part of T-Mobile IntegrationSprint merged with T-Mobile in 2020, and customers who were on Sprint plans have been able to remain on their plans and continue to use the Sprint network while the networks and infrastructure are integrated - a multi-year process. But as part of that integration between Sprint and T-Mobile, customers on legacy Sprint accounts will begin to see some pricing and hotspot data changes to their account in early 2021.