The Mobile Internet Resource Center is run by full time nomads who depend on mobile internet for their livelihood, perhaps like yourselves. It is founded and hosted by the bloggers of Technomadia.com - Cherie & Chris. We strive to maintain high journalistic standards and remain as unbiased as possible in our reporting and reviews.
- We create and keep updated in-depth guides and reviews so that folks always have the most updated information. These generally have dozens, if not hundreds of hours of work put into each.
- We don't just turn gear on to see if it works, we take it out into the field and test it in a variety of real life RVing, cruising & travel situations before issuing our reviews.
- We monitor multiple news sources and forums daily for news items in our industry, and analyze them specifically for how they might impact mobile folks to create our free news articles.
- We spend several hours a week providing free guidance in our public Internet for RVers group, and have paid teaching assistants to help us.
We are proud to be primarily member and reader funded.
It is through their support that we're able to provide free content & support to the public. In exchange, our members get additional resources and more personalized guidance.
We don't like sites cluttered with advertising, and prefer to not to subject our readers to it either. You'll notice as you browse around, we have no 3rd party ads.
The only ads you'll see on our site are for our own products & services (which is how we get our funding to keep this site constantly updated).
Review & Affiliate Policy
For our reviews, we attempt to acquire a representative sample of the best gear for maintaining reliable mobile internet access. Sometimes a manufacturer provides us an evaluation unit, and sometimes we purchase the gear ourselves. Our reviews are not swayed either way, and we will not accept any funding from a manufacturer for reviewing their products.
We prepare our most in-depth reviews for our members with complete editorial autonomy - we are accountable to our members first and foremost. They are who fund our many dozens of hours doing in-depth field testing.
While we may have some select affiliate links, we strive to not be influenced by affiliate relationships. Our motivation is to be reader funded and accountable to them.
Current Affiliate Programs RVMobileInternet Participates In:
- Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We feel because they carry a wide array of products and they are not specifically a mobile internet vendor, this does not sway our bias about a product or not.
- weBoost - weBoost is a manufacturer of mobile cellular boosters, and is obviously directly related to our content. We thought long and hard about accepting their invitations to become affiliates - and resisted for some time. However, before they even approached us, their products consistently earned our 'Top Pick' designation - so we feel our recommendation of them is not biased by potential affiliate earnings.
You can support our work here in multiple ways:
- Share our Content. Nothing says appreciation better than sharing content you find helpful with others. Please never hesitate to link folks to content on our site you found useful. Whether on your own blog, vlog, in RVing groups & forums or to friends.
- Becoming a FULL premium Member of this site. This is how we receive the majority of our funding. While we offer a bunch of helpful content for free, our members get even more - in-depth guides, classroom, our book, Q&A forums, webinars and product reviews. Membership starts at just $65/year - the price of a single night at a premium campsite, half a night in a marina or a fancy coffee drink a month.
- Becoming a Supporting Member. Want to just support this site? We offer a $19/year membership to support the free public content on this site. In gratitude, we'll turn off the limited advertising on the site while you're browsing. (Note, this does not include access to our member-only benefits.)
- Leave a Tip. If you just want to say thanks or if you're already a member and we've exceeded your expectations in what we offer - we always appreciate extra contributions to our efforts: