Sprint’s biggest advantage is that it tends to have the most affordable options, especially the promotional plans offered to lure new customers.
The vast bulk of Sprint’s usable fast data coverage is pretty much only found in core urban areas and along major interstates. Sprint prepaid plans do not include any data roaming allowance.
Their weaknesses: Their network is not nearly as large as Verizon or AT&T, and is roaming in most places outside of urban areas or off interstates. In 2016, they are trying to minimize their operating costs and will be moving their equipment to less expensive towers - which may result in service disruptions, and potentially reduced coverage.
Policies & Perks:
- Domestic Roaming: Sprint prepaid plans include no data roaming.
- International: No international coverage is included on Sprint's prepaid plans.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: All Sprint prepaid plans include mobile hotspot use.
- Data Roll Over: Sprint does not roll over data - you lose what you don't use at the end of your billing period.
- Overage Charges: Sprint never charges overage fees. Once you hit your high speed data cap, you are just simply slowed down to 2G speeds for the rest of the billing period.
- Streaming: All streaming counts against data caps on Sprint.
- Unlimited Data Plans: There is no option for an unlimited prepaid Sprint account.
- Device Lock/Unlock Policy: A device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days, and any applicable early termination fees, accelerated installment or lease payments, and/or end-of-lease purchase options must be paid in full. The associated account must also be in good standing.
Testing Status: We do not keep a prepaid Sprint plan in our testing arsenal.
- AT&T Prepaid Customers Can Now Enjoy Sponsored Data Too Posted on: February 21, 2018
- AT&T and Verizon Adjust Prepaid Unlimited Smartphone Plans, Add More Value Posted on: February 20, 2018
- Sprint Replaces Unlimited Hotspot Plan with 50GB of Tiered Data Posted on: February 19, 2018
- New Data Deal: Sprint-Based Boost Mobile Offers HD Streaming and 20GB Hotspot for a Limited Time Posted on: February 9, 2018
- MetroPCS Now Offers Dedicated Data Hotspot Plans Posted on: January 22, 2018
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Sprint Prepaid Ratings
Sprint's network is consistently ranks last amongst the four major carriers, and isn't an ideal carrier for RVers who venture outside of major urban areas.