Though first announced way back in late 2014, this remains Sprint's flagship hotspot device - and is one of only two hotspots currently supporting Sprint's LTE Plus carrier aggregation features.
- Battery Life: 8-10 hrs usage (removable)
- # of Connected Devices: 10 Wi-Fi / Supports USB Tethering
- Networks supported:
LTE Bands: 25, 26, 41 (aka "Sprint Spark")
3G: Sprint CDMA 3G fallback. Global roaming locked out.
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes (2x 20MHz channels)
- LTE Performance Category: Category 6
(Max Theoretical Speed: 300Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None (see special note below)
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz and 802.11 a/n/ac - 5GHz
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.4" x 0.55"" / 4.23 oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF / Micro SIM
- Retail Price: $180
- Default Control Panel Address: http://myhotspot or http://192.168.128.1
Testing Status: We were given a brief two day opportunity to get some hand's on time with this hotspot, and have shared our impressions below. Because we only had it in one location, we were unable to do any comparative performance testing in a range of situations.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
- More info on Sprint Website / Direct Purchasing
- Search eBay
- Unlimitedville (available with their unlimited Sprint plan)
ZTE Pocket Wi-Fi Ratings
This is Sprint's flagship mobile hotspot, packed with fast LTE capabilities and 802.11ac Wi-Fi.