AT&T is the second-largest carrier and is a formidable rival and a great complement to Verizon for us nomads.
There are plenty of locations we have been where the best Verizon can manage is 3G or very weak or overloaded LTE. Sometimes in those locations AT&T ends up delivering a much better overall experience.
Policies & Perks:
- Domestic Roaming: PureTalk USA coverage maps only include service on AT&T's natively owned towers. There is no roaming allowance within the US.
- Throttling/Network Management: All data is at full speed up to the plan's data cap. Once data cap is reached, speeds are slowed to 128kbps.
- International: None.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes!
- Data Roll Over: None, unused data is lost at the end of the prepaid period.
- Overage Charges: There are no overage charges on prepaid plans. Once you use your data, data service continues at throttled speeds (128kbps) until your next refill.
- Streaming: No streaming services are provided.
- Unlimited: No unlimited plans are offered.
- Device Lock/Unlock Policy: Pure TalkUSA will, upon request, unlock Pure TalkUSA mobile phones no later than one year after initial activation, for customers that are in full compliance with Pure TalkUSA's Terms of Service.
Testing Status: We do not keep a prepaid AT&T plan in our testing arsenal.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Pure Talk USA Ratings
If keeping connected is important to you in your travels, AT&T is a worthwhile part of your setup. Pure Talk USA offers data capped plans with hotspot capabilities.