Peplink is a large and well respected company in the mobile networking space - primarily focused on high end applications covering everything from providing cellular connectivity to fleets of vehicles to enabling whole-building network installations for hotels and offices.
While Peplink's Pepwave routers are not specifically designed with individual mobile users in mind, they do offer many solid and well supported products that many advanced users have grown to rely on.
The MAX On-The-Go router introduces an interesting solution for those wanting to bring together multiple USB connected cellular devices, supporting up to 4 connections. However, to gain access to all four at once, a more expensive 'WAN Smoothing' feature is required as a $249 upgade to utilize an existing bonding service or server (also pricey).
Specifications - MAX On-The-Go (MAX-OTG-U4)
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Cellular Tethering via USB: Yes, 4x USB Port
- Integrated Cellular Modem: No
- Ethernet Ports: 2x 100Mbps Fast Ethernet (WAN / LAN)
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover, Integrated GPS
- Power Source: 10V - 48V Direct DC Input, 110V AC Adapter Included
- Dimensions: 4.3" x 4.3" x 1.2"
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $399.99
Other Models & Variations
A much more commercial grade and feature packed variation is available in the MAX 700:
- MAX 700 ($1999) - Still supporting 4 USB cellular WAN inputs, this device also has 4 gigabit ethernet ports and 802.11 ac Wi-Fi support.
Review & Testing Status
Though several members have reported great experiences, we have not yet tested the MAX On-The-Go directly.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Related News Center Articles
- 2017 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2018 Posted on: December 30, 2017
- Long Awaited Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 at Last Released! Posted on: November 27, 2017
- Breaking News: Major Wi-Fi Security Vulnerability Revealed, Mobile Routers & Devices Impacted Posted on: October 16, 2017
- Peplink Embraces LTE-A at Last, but Basic MAX BR1 Update Seemingly Delayed Posted on: March 22, 2017
- 2016 RV Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2017 Posted on: January 6, 2017
Pepwave MAX On-The-Go
A great concept for those managing multiple mobile hotspot devices, but a bit outdated tech wise.