Panorama's MIMO desktop antenna with 2 TS-9 connectors works for signal enhancing a cellular mobile hotspot device with two antenna ports.
MIMO (Multiple In Multiple Out) is the use of more than one antenna to increase signal performance. All LTE devices internally have at least two antennas to take advantage of this technology. This antenna is designed with two antennas inside it's panel case, and then had two plugs that can go directly into a device with TS-9 ports (typically used on mobile hotspots like JetPacks and MiFis).
You can mount by sitting on a desk or other flat surface, or with the included suction cups to a window most closely facing the cellular tower you're connected to, or use the included clips to attach to the screen of a laptop. No tricky roof installation needed. It's portable and rated for indoor use.
- Model: DMM-7-27-2SP
- Type: MIMO
- Frequency Range (MHz): 698-960 / 1710-2700
- Cable Type & Length: 6.5' long cable
- Connector: 2x TS-9 connectors, SMA adapters included
- Dimensions: 5.4” x 5.94''
- Mounting: Includes clips & suction cups
- Frequency / Gain: Stated as 698-960MHz - 2.5dBi; 1710-2170MHz - 4dBi; 2.2-2.7GHz - 3dBi
- Retail Price: $44.99
Testing Status: We have purchased this antenna to test against our top rated Netgear MIMO antenna of similar specs.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
This Guide Contains Member Exclusive Content
We would not be able to dedicate so much time to creating content like this without member support - thank you for making it possible! Parts of this article are included with your member exclusive benefits.
We ask for your help in keeping this content exclusive by not sharing the details of this guide. We instead encourage you to SHARE A LINK to this guide. We have intentionally released portions of this guide that non-members will be able to view and learn more about the MIA.
Don't Miss Your Member Discounts!!
Before ordering any gear, please check for special Member Discounts
- you could save more than the annual cost of your MIA membership!
Thoughts & Analysis
- Directional aiming focuses the gain for maximum performance
- Hardly any installation needed - bring it out only when needed
- TS-9 connectors built in, designed to plug directly into mobile hotspots (minimal signal loss).
- Includes SMA adapters for use with other cellular embedded routers
- Portable - you can take it with you in a backpack, purse or briefcase
- Directional means you'll need to do a little trial and error at each stop to find the optimal window to place this in.
- Suction cups easily fall off when moving around.
- Only works on devices with dual TS-9 antenna ports, which are primarily mobile hotspots (our top pick 7730L, AC791L, Unite Explore, Unite Pro and Sprint Fuse will all work with this.)
- If your windows are coated with a metal based film (for privacy, heat reflection, etc.) - this could block the signal. In this case, having the antenna on the inside of the window would see little to no gain. (Solutions: try the front windshield and/or placing the antenna on the outside of the window).
This antenna will only work on devices with dual TS-9 antenna ports. Popular mobile hotspot models that include these ports are:
To check to see if other models have dual antenna ports, check our Mobile Hotspot Review Center and click the search button for 'Dual Antenna Ports'.
If your device does not have antenna ports, then antenna only options will not work - cellular boosters are the best option in this case. If your device only has a single antenna port (such as the Verizon 6620L), this antenna may work with just one cable plugged in - but be sure to experiment as both the hotspot and the antenna tend to have 'primary' and 'secondary' connections. You'll probably be better off using a single antenna option.
Smartphones do not tend to have consumer accessible antenna ports anymore, and thus will need a booster to enhance their signal.
Dear Members - our experience is far from being the only one!
We WELCOME you to also share your experience and review below.
Join in the conversation, and let's help each other evaluate this device and it's suitability.
Panorama Desk MIMO Ratings
Panorama's MIMO antenna with 2 TS-9 connectors is a great compliment to any mobile internet setup that includes mobile hotspots with dual antenna ports.