Mint SIM is an MVNO that offers a T-Mobile plans with tether / hotspot approved data.
Mint SIM allows you to bring your own device, and will send your purchased plan on the appropriately sized sim card.
Mint SIM sells plans in 3, 6, or 12 month increments, with your chosen data allotment refilling at the end of each month.
Speeds slow after your data bucket for each month is used.
Policies & Perks:
- Domestic Roaming: Based on coverage maps, domestic roaming does not appear to be available.
- Throttling: Speeds are 4G/LTE until your data bucket is used, then they are throttled for the remainder of the month.
- International: No international data use is available.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot / tethering is allowed on all plans.
- Data Roll Over: Unused high-speed data does not roll over.
- Overage Charges: There are no overage charges - if you'd like more high-speed data you can upgrade mid-cycle; you cannot, however, downgrade to a smaller package mid cycle.
- Additional Fees: State taxes, a regulatory recovery fee, and shipping and handling are added after base plan costs.
- Streaming: There are no restrictions on streaming video on this plan.
- Unlimited Plan: No unlimited plan available, although you do have access to slowed unlimited data after you use your high speed bucket.
Testing Status: We are not currently testing, or planning to test an Mint SIM plan.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Mint SIM Ratings
Mint SIM offers multi-month prepaid plans with tethering capabilities on the T-Mobile network.