Millenicom is a reseller of T-Mobile, offering data only mobile hotspot plans to consumers.
They are currently offering two different types of plans, Data Only and Ultimate LTE.
Their Data Only plans are essentially T-Mobile's now retired Simple Choice data plans - which includes perks like Binge On, Data Stash and international usage.
Their Ultimate LTE plan is essentially a T-Mobile One plan that they sell to put in non-T-Mobile branded data only devices to get unlimited data. However, these plans are subject to network privatization, and may experienced slowed speeds after 28GB of usage in a month when on congested towers. These plans are essentially the same plans that 4G Antenna Shop is selling for their T-Mobile option, usually for a bit cheaper.
Policies & Perks:
- Domestic Roaming: After 200mb of domestic roaming, T-Mobile cuts off your off network usage until your next billing cycle, or you're back in a native area.
- International: T-Mobile has some of the easiest and best international features:
- Canada & Mexico - All plans include 'Mobile Without Borders' automatically - you can use your plan in Mexico & Canada just as if you're domestic in terms of voice, text & high speed data. In both countries, T-Mobile has partnered with most of the carriers, and devices can utilize all of those partners. However, the Binge On Video streaming is not included internationally.
- Rest of the World - T-Mobile plans include free unlimited international data, as 2G speeds. They have partnered with over 140 carriers. If you'd like 3G speeds, you can add on the service as needed.
- Data Roll Over: On the data-only plans, any high speed data you don't use is rolled over into 'Data Stash' for up to a year. You can accumulate up to 20GB in this account, to use when you need it. The Ultimate LTE plan does not have this feature, as it is unlimited.
- Overage Charges: T-Mobile never charges overage fees. Once you hit your high speed data cap on the Data Only plans, you are just simply slowed down to 2G speeds for the rest of the billing period.
- Streaming: All of the Data Only plans include 'Binge On' video streaming that does not count against your high speed data cap on partnered networks (including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBONow, YouTube, etc.), but at DVD-quality lower resolution. It only works on on-device or when tethered to a laptop - and presently is not compatible with streaming devices like Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast, FireTV, etc. They also include free music streaming over many services.
Be aware that you will be a Millenicom customer, not a T-Mobile customer.
This means you will be giving up access to T-Mobile's support, the T-Mobile Tuesdays promotion, and for better or worse you will be left dealing with Millenicom for any issues that come up in the future. In the past Millenicom has had a great reputation for helping out customers, but do keep in mind that you will be dealing with a small company instead of a massive one with stores and kiosks around the country.
Also - Millenicom has had a rocky track record with keeping plans available on the market, and any potential customers should keep in mind that this offer may not be around for the long haul. Millenicom actually had a T-Mobile iPad plan once in the past (in November 2013), and it did not last. And of course Verizon and Sprint both previously backed away from allowing Millenicom to resell service.
Millenicom assures us that the problems of the past are behind it, telling us:
"Not that anyone here wants to revisit the past, but another important difference is that we have a direct agreement with T-Mobile so we don’t have to worry about the carrier running off with our customers."
- WiFiRanger Introduces Cellular-Integrated SkyPro LTE (and Millenicom Partnership) Posted on: April 5, 2017
- Millenicom Update: Discounted T-Mobile Powered Plans Now Official Posted on: July 14, 2016
- Millenicom is Back - With New T-Mobile Powered Plans Posted on: May 5, 2016
- New Millenilynx NeverDrop Unlimited Data Plan from OmniCom [April Fools] Posted on: April 1, 2016
- Millenicom Reborn? - Unlimited Verizon Data Plans for $47.75/month from OmniLynx Wireless (HSVWiFi.com) Posted on: September 3, 2015
Testing Status: We do not keep a Millenicom based plan in our setup.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Millenicom has some attractive deals on smartphone and data only plans on the T-Mobile network, however all account management and customer support goes through them. We have had positive experiences with their customer support in the past.