FreedomPop is an independent company, offering free phone & data service on different domestic plans that include the Sprint and AT&T networks. In early 2016, they also launched a global SIM that provides data service in over 25 countries, including the US on T-Mobile & AT&T.
Their basic plans include free service, with just a bit of data. Customers can earn credits by referring other customers, or purchase additional voice, text or data as desired.
Policies & Perks:
- Domestic Roaming: Service is only provided on the carrier's direct network.
- International: The Global SIM option included coverage in 25 countries. Their Sprint and AT&T based options do not have international roaming.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot use on smartphone plans is an option for an extra monthly fee. Mobile hotspot data only plans are also available.
- Data Roll Over: Roll-over data is offered as an additional 'Premium' package add-on.
- Overage Charges: Data is purchased as needed.
- Streaming: No streaming services are offered.
- Unlimited Data Plans: There is no option for an unlimited prepaid account.
Testing Status: We do not keep a Freedom Pop plan in our testing arsenal.
- FreedomPop Now Offering AT&T Based Data Options Posted on: December 21, 2016
- Sprint MVNO FreedomPop Offering Limited Time Only '4x the Data' Deals Posted on: September 29, 2016
- FreedomPop to offer Free Data on Tablets Posted on: July 30, 2014
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
FreedomPop offers attractive free service plans, with optional add-ons. Use caution when shopping, as they have different plans and it's difficult to get pricing of add-ons upfront.