Credo Mobile is an MVNO that offers a few smartphone plans on the Verizon network. They currently range in data buckets of 1GB-10GB, where all lines on a plan share in allotted data. Credo's pricing scheme is not super competitive, but they do allow for mobile hotspotting of all data.
Being on Verizon's network is a definite perk for Credo. Verizon has the widest overall coverage area, the most deployed LTE, and great overall performance. They have a promising future roadmap too – with an ever-expanding network and advanced XLTE service widely deployed.
Historically, Credo provided service on the Sprint network until switching to Verizon's network in August of 2016. They pride themselves in supporting progressive values, and donate a small percentage of the money made from their phone plans to progressive activism.
Credo's plan information is user friendly and straight forward - terms of service are in large print and posted alongside each plan you chose.
Credo does not currently offer an 'unlimited' type plans - in fact, once you have used your monthly data, you will be automatically charged $15/GB overage. For smaller plans, you can upgrade your data bucket mid-month to thwart overage charges, however, there is no option to throttle data speeds or shut data off completely once . your data bucket limit is reached.
Domestic roaming is included at no additional charge; however, there is no international roaming (including to Mexico and Canada).
Credo has also been known to offer interesting promotions - such as receiving 14 pints of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream in addition to a 30% discount on data plans for 2 years. They also offer to 'buy out' your current contract (if you have one) and switch to a 2-year contract with Credo.
In additional to plan fees, Credo charges line fees for each device of:
- For smartphones: $20 for smartphones purchased with the Installment Plan, $20 for BYOD devices, $40 for phones with a two-year contract.
- For basic and messaging phones: $30 for all phones
- For tablets: $15 for all tablets
Policies & Perks:
- Domestic Roaming: Credo Mobile imposes no limits on domestic roaming for calls or data when you are off their network.
- Throttling: Credo Mobile does not throttle speeds - users experience full LTE data speeds on all capped data plans.
- International: No international usage is included.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot use is allowed on all data plans.
- Data Roll Over: No data roll-over.
- Overage Charges: $15/GB used over your data plan cap.
- Streaming: No streaming services are provided.
- Unlimited Data Plans: None available.
Testing Status: We do not keep a Credo Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Credit Mobile Ratings
Credo Mobile is the offers mobile hotspot use on tiered data plans on the Verizon network.