Cradlepoint is focused on the mobile enterprise market, and though Cradlepoint used to have many options for "average" users most have been discontinued over the years as Cradlepoint has focused on the higher end of the market.
Individuals with specific needs though do often find value in going with Cradlepoint hardware.
The AER1600 is an enterprise level solution in their Advanced Edge Routing line combining cloud management, advanced security (UTM), WAN Diversity, industry-leading 4G LTE failover, high-performance WiFi, and dual modem capabilities for deployment versatility when wired lines are too costly or unavailable. It comes in several different configurations with embedded and plug in modems available.
The embedded modem line has been freshly updated in Summer 2016 for LTE-Advanced, so make sure when you shop you are getting the latest release - not old stock.
Specifications - AER1600
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n -
- 5GHz Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/n/ac -
- Wi-Fi Antenna: ?
- Wi-Fi as WAN: Yes
- Guest Wi-Fi Network:
- Cellular Tethering via USB: 1x USB Port
- Integrated Cellular Modem: Yes - Embedded or Plug in
- LTE Bands:
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes
- LTE Performance Category:
- Cellular Antennas:
- SIM Slots:
- Ethernet Ports: 5x 1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (WAN / LAN Configurable)
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover, Load Balancing, Integrated GPS
- Power Source: 12v or 110v AC
- Dimensions: 8.3" x 6.6": x 1.7"
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $499.99 - 799.99+
Testing Status: We do not currently have this model in for testing.
- Cradlepoint Announces New Flagship COR IBR900 Mobile Router Posted on: January 23, 2017
- 2016 RV Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2017 Posted on: January 6, 2017
- Cradlepoint Embraces LTE-Advanced, Multi-Carrier Radios Posted on: June 1, 2016
- MaxxFi Mobile Broadband: Exxagerated... But Interesting Posted on: May 10, 2015
- Cradlepoint Reverses Consumer Hostile Firmware Policy Posted on: April 25, 2015
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
The AER1600 is an enterprise level solution.