The package comes standard on 2019+ Airstream Classic models and will be available to existing Airstreams via a dealer-installed upgrade package.
This integrated system will provide advanced remote control and monitoring features, and it also provides a long-range Wi-Fi system and integrated AT&T LTE modem. Many RV systems can be remotely controlled via a companion app.
At least for now, you must purchase the proprietary cellular/ Wi-Fi hardware module directly from Airstream, and "professional installation" from a dealer will be required.
Specific details on this hardware and costs have not yet been revealed.
- Supported Cellular Carriers: AT&T
- # of Connected Devices: Not yet announced
- Network Bands Supported:
LTE Bands: Not yet announced
4G: Not yet announced
3G: Not yet announced
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Not yet announced
- LTE Performance Category: Not yet announced
- Cellular Antenna Ports / Integrated Cellular Antenna: Not yet announced
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: Not yet announced
- Other Ports: Not yet announced
- SIM Card Type: Not yet announced
- Retail Price: Not yet announced
Cellular Plan Options
Once available, the "Unlimited Adventure" plan from AT&T will allow unlimited and unthrottled hotspot data for a full year for just $360. Or you can purchase data as needed in smaller chunks - 5GB at a time for $25. The plan is considered a prepaid plan but is run by AT&T's Connect Car department.
For the annual data plan, keep in mind that the plan cannot be transferred if the RV is sold and there is no pro-rated refund, except for residents of some states.
Plan Details and Policies
- Domestic Roaming: 100MB/month. Speed may be restricted to 2G. Going over the roaming allowance may result in termination.
- Throttling: None
- Network Management: 22GB
- International: Canada Only
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming Policies / Restrictions: No free streaming is included. Plans do not use StreamSaver.
- Unlimited Data: Available - requires prepaying for a year of service for $360.
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to purchase an Airstream to test this system.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
A fully integrated cellular, WiFi, smart control and RV automation system backed by an AT&T cellular data plan sounds great on paper, but we need to see the details and costs before making any conclusions.