Over the years we have met many RVers and cruisers who have created differing mobile internet arsenals to satisfy their specific needs.
Here are links to RVers and cruisers who have shared their own mobile internet setups:
Our Staff's Personal Setups:
- Technomadia - The personal setup of Chris & Cherie (your hosts here) - on the road since 2006 working remotely as software developers and advisors.
- Life with Dyna - The personal setup of Liz (contributor here) & Jake - who have been on the road since 2015 working remotely.
- The Free Five - The personal set up of Andy (contributor here) and his family of five - an adventurous connected family who uses a lot of bandwidth!
- Tom and Lori RV Life - Semi retired and still working remotely, Tom and Lori share their mobile internet setup.
- Jack Mayer - On the road for over a decade, and working in the software industry. Has vast experience in installing RV Park WiFi setups too.
Bloggers and Vloggers:
- LivinLite - YouTubers and Bloggers Erik & Kala share their internet setup that has kept them connected for 3 years while working full time on the road.
- Gadabout You - This family of three is hitting the road in early 2018, and share the mobile internet setup they're setting out with.
- On a Wild Ride - A family of five, working remotely shares their internet setup they use to keep online in their Airstream.
- Nature Photo Guides - Sarah & Ron travel in their Airstream as photographers, and share the mobile internet setup that keeps them connected in remote locations.
- Tiny Shiny House - A family of 6 traveling around the country and homeschooling kids and working remotely.
- The Reckless Choice - Nik & Allison both have location independent jobs, and work while roaming in their RV.
- WheelingIt - Nina & Paul previously traveled the US in a motorhome doing lots of boondocking and volunteer workamping, as well as running their blogs, investing and doing some freelance writing & photography. They recently moved across the big blue yonder to Europe to continue their adventure.
- Ditching Suburbia - Michael Boyink shares how he keeps online for his web development business, and well as his family of four.
- Road Less Traveled - Authors and full timers Emily & Mark Fagan share their mobile internet setup that is based around a Verizon data plan and no cell phones!
- RVLove - Two remote workers share their internet setup that keeps them connected as they explore the country.
- Living Learning Mobile - Lucie & Craig travel in their 1982 Wanderlodge, both working remotely online. Craig has a 30+ year career in IT, and Lucie teaches online for a University.
- Outside our Bubble - The arsenal of two high-tech geeks who work online.
- Insterstellar Orchard - Becky takes short term jobs across the country, and has been able to get by on just public WiFi.
- RV Outlawz - Full-time RVing, these two have remote work corporate jobs that require a lot of connectivity.
- The Snowmads - Kristin & Jason work for Automatic (the folks behind WordPress) while they roam the country in their small RV.
- Gone with the Wynns – Nikki & Jason hit the road in 2010, and later transitioned to a sailing lifestyle. They primarily use cellular data for their mobile internet.
- Geeks on Tour – Chris & Jim have been on the road since 2003, and teach computer training both in person and remotely. They rely on their grandfathered unlimited Verizon plan.
Have an article about your mobile internet solution at you’d like to share? Send us a note with it at email@example.com and we may consider adding it to our list!