Links to Mobile Internet Setups
Over the years we have met many RVers and cruisers who have created differing mobile internet arsenals to satisfy their specific needs.
We don’t recommend just copying another blogger’s setup without really assessing if their needs are close enough to yours.
And besides, this stuff changes so often that you really need to look at what the current options are. Even stuff 6 months old can be outdated now.
But looking at the setups of others can be super helpful in understanding how this stuff comes together.
Here are links to RVers and cruisers who have shared their own mobile internet setups on their websites:
Here's the setups that our very own Mobile Internet Resource Center staff use:
- Technomadia - The personal setup of Chris & Cherie (your hosts here) - on the road since 2006 working remotely as software developers and advisors. They split their time between RV and intercoastal cruising in a boat.
- Life with Dyna - The personal setup of Liz (contributor here) & Jake - who have been on the road since 2015 working remotely.
- The Free Five - The personal set up of Andy (contributor here) and his family of five - an adventurous connected family who uses a lot of bandwidth!
- Tom and Lori RV Life - Semi retired and still working remotely, Tom and Lori share their mobile internet setup.
- Jack Mayer - On the road for over a decade, and working in the software industry. Has vast experience in installing RV Park WiFi setups too.
Bloggers and Vloggers
- Changing Lanes RV - Chad and Tara hit the road in late 2017 and work remotely, and run a YouTube channel. They share their mobile internet setup.
- LivinLite.Net - YouTubers and Bloggers Erik & Kala share their internet setup that has kept them connected for 3 years while working full time on the road.
- OurVie - Cees, Elizabeth & Theo travel full-time with their adventure cat, Vladimir.
- KelloggShow - a full-time working & homeschooling family of 14, who use both cellular and free WiFi hotspots to stay online.
- Getaway Couple - Rae & Jason traveling and working full-time by RV since July of 2017.
- His&Hers Vlogs - Overlanders Ben and Rebecca roam the road full time in their 4x4 Expedition Vehicle - and share their adventures via YouTube vlogs.
- Ben Stein & Family - a family who spent 14 months on Carver Voyager 570 boat, cruising the Great Loop.
- GoPetFriendly - A couple of full time RVers, traveling the country and reporting on pet-friendly travel practices and destinations.
- Exploring the Local Life - a family of four living, working, and schooling on the road full-time.
- Gadabout You - This family of three is hitting the road in early 2018, and share the mobile internet setup they're setting out with.
- On a Wild Ride - A family of five, working remotely shares their internet setup they use to keep online in their Airstream.
- Nature Photo Guides - Sarah & Ron travel in their Airstream as photographers, and share the mobile internet setup that keeps them connected in remote locations.
- Tiny Shiny House - A family of 6 traveling around the country and homeschooling kids and working remotely.
- The Reckless Choice - Nik & Allison both have location independent jobs, and work while roaming in their RV.
- WheelingIt - Nina & Paul previously traveled the US in a motorhome doing lots of boondocking and volunteer workamping, as well as running their blogs, investing and doing some freelance writing & photography. They recently moved across the big blue yonder to Europe to continue their adventure.
- Road Less Traveled - Authors and full timers Emily & Mark Fagan share their mobile internet setup that is based around a Verizon data plan and no cell phones!
- RVLove - Two remote workers share their internet setup that keeps them connected as they explore the country.
- Living Learning Mobile - Lucie & Craig travel in their 1982 Wanderlodge, both working remotely online. Craig has a 30+ year career in IT, and Lucie teaches online for a University.
- Outside our Bubble - The arsenal of two high-tech geeks who work online.
- Insterstellar Orchard - Becky takes short term jobs across the country, and has been able to get by on just public WiFi.
- RV Outlawz - Full-time RVing, these two have remote work corporate jobs that require a lot of connectivity.
- The Snowmads - Formerly full-time wanders, these now part-time nomads share how they stay online while adventuring.
- Gone with the Wynns – Nikki & Jason hit the road in 2010, and later transitioned to a sailing lifestyle. They primarily use cellular data for their mobile internet.
- Geeks on Tour – Chris & Jim have been on the road since 2003, and teach computer training both in person and remotely. They rely on their grandfathered unlimited Verizon plan.
Have a post about your mobile internet solution at you’d like to share? Send us a note with it at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may consider adding it to our list!
Explore the Resource Center
Become a Member
The MIA is our premium membership - designed for those who consider mobile internet an important part of their lifestyle.
In thanks for making content like this possible, we offer a bunch of additional perks. From interactive guidance, in-depth member exclusive content, discounts, alerts and more.
We totally understand that a membership isn't right for everyone. However you can still support this content by making a financial contribution.
We deeply appreciate your gratitude - and your funding helps make this all possible!
Join our free Internet for RVers & Cruisers Facebook Group.
We cross post news articles and information there, and our staff can field basic questions during 'business hours'.
It is with gratitude to our premium members that we're able to offer this free service - and for that, they also have access our private Q&A areas for more in-depth guidance.
Stay in the Know
We're constantly tracking the industry and analyzing new developments for mobile travelers. If you'd like to receive updates, we offer several ways: