The dominant 4G technology is known as LTE, which stands for Long-Term Evolution.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Guide: Understanding LTE Modem Specifications And Selecting Cellular Devices (MiFi, Jetpacks, Routers, Phones)
- Starlink Beta Ending and "Nationwide Rollout" Imminent - But Many Areas Will Remain At Capacity
- Peplink Recommends Firmware Upgrade For BR1 and Transit Mini RoutersPepwave announced that customers who use either the Max BR1 Mini or Max Transit Mini should upgrade the firmware to version 8.1.3 or higher to ensure the embedded cellular modems continue to function after the carriers shut down their 3G networks.
- Verizon Launches New Prepaid Data Only Plans - Up To 150GB for $70/monthThere are four new data plans available through Verizon Prepaid as of today, offering data caps of 150GB, 100GB, 25GB, and 5GB per month.
- WiFiRanger Firmware Update 7.1.0b11 - Performance Improvements, Simplified UI, Bug Fixes, Preparing for Future 5G ModemsWiFiRanger, an RV-focused company that focuses on mobile connectivity hardware, recently pushed a major new software update for its Converge line of indoor mobile routers and outdoor (rooftop) units.
- Apple's Fall 2021 Cellular Updates: New iPhone 13 Modem Analysis, iPad mini Goes 5GApple announces their new line of iPhone models - the iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.