The service uses an interesting and unique "dynamic pricing" model that will refund customers the difference in the data plan they have vs the data they actually use, within some limits. At the end of each month, Wing will credit back the difference.
Dynamic Pricing doesn't apply to "unlimited" plans or data usage below 1GB.
Placement on either the Sprint or AT&T network will be dependent on the device a customer uses to sign up for plan with.
International data is available as an extra for $13 per GB - but the cost is prorated. So if you only used 0.5GB, you’d only pay $6.50. Wing states that international data is at "high-speed 3G" speeds. International voice and messaging rates vary by country.
- Flip Phone Only: $12/month Unlimited talk/text, 128mb of 3G data
- Tiered 4G Smartphone plans: Data buckets range from 500mb to 3GB a month
- "Unlimited" plan
- Subject to network management after 22GB
- Unlimited voice & SMS
- HD voice & WiFi Calling
- Mobile hotspot/tethering (slowed to 2G speeds at 15GB)
Discounts are available with multi-line "family" plans.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Wing Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T, Sprint
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Flip or Smartphones
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes
- Throttling: Data is throttled to 2G speeds after plan's data bucket is used.
- Network Management: After 22GB of usage on unlimited plan
- International Roaming: Voice and Messages at per-country rates. Data is a flat $13/GB prorated for the actual amount of data used.
- Domestic Roaming: Voice only, no data
- Plan Period: month-to-month
- Data Roll Over: No - but the price difference for unused data is refunded, depending on your plan.
- Overage Charges: There are no overage charges for these plans. Once you use your data speeds are slowed to 2G until the next billing period.
- Streaming: No streaming services are provided.
- Unlimited: Yes, subject to network management after 22GB. 15GB of mobile hotspot included at high speed.
- Lines permitted per account: 8+
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.