Wing no longer offers Sprint as an option for new customers, but it does continue to service existing customers who are currently using Sprint.
Wing offers an 'Unlimited Plan,' as well as plans with smaller GB limits, and even a plan designed for flip phones.
Their Unlimited Plan used to be based on the AT&T network, but in March 2020 they started offering an Unlimited plan on T-Mobile as well.
Also as of May 2020, the AT&T plan now has a hard data cap at 50GB (increased from the previous 30GB cap implemented in March 2020), so it is definitely no longer an "unlimited" plan. This change is likely related to changes/enforcements AT&T started implementing on resellers of their unlimited plans in February 2020.
The T-Mobile plan has unlimited data, but is subject to network management after 50GB.
There is a Verizon plan offered - with 60GB of high speed data, then 2G speeds - but it is reportedly for basic (flip) phones only.
International data is available in more than 110 countries. In order to use your plan internationally, you must add an International Day Pass ($10/day) which then allows you to access your current plan outside of the country.
You can buy or lease phones from Wing, or you can bring your own. Wing states that "most" phones are compatible with their plans, and you check your phone's compatibility here.
Discounts are available with multi-line "family" plans.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Wing Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T, T-Mobile (Sprint for existing customers only who are already on that network)
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Flip or Smartphones
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase or lease a device
- Mobile Hotspot Use:
- T-Mobile - Yes, up to 20GB at high speed
- AT&T - Up to 15GB - hard cap; no hotspot data after 15GB
- T-Mobile - On hotspot data only
- AT&T - No data available at all after 50GB/month (15GB on hotspot)
- Network Management:
- T-Mobile - After 50GB
- AT&T - After 22GB
- International Roaming: Data available for $10/day in 110+ countries. Voice and Messages at per-country rates.
- Domestic Roaming: Voice only, no data
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: No
- Streaming: No streaming services are provided.
- Unlimited: Yes on the T-Mobile network , but subject to network management after 50GB. 20GB of mobile hotspot included at high speed.
- Lines permitted per account: 8+
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.