The Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L was released in April 2017 and is an update to the Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L. The 900L is currently in Verizon's lineup as the carrier's most basic mobile hotspot. It is often available with their prepaid plans.
- Model Number: Franklin MHS900L
- # of Connected Devices: 8 via Wi-Fi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://my.jetpack or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: Displayed on the external display
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Supported Networks and Bands: Verizon LTE Bands: 4, 13
4G/3G/2G: No fallback - LTE only!
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal only
- LTE Performance Category: Category 3
(Max Theoretical Speed: 100Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: microUSB
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz only
- Claimed Battery Life: 10 hours
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: No
- Battery Part #: 342123180
- Replacement Purchase
- Dimensions: 2.34'' x 3.46'' x 0.57'' (2.79oz)
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $40 - $150
Review & Testing Status
We purchased a unit at Best Buy as a prepaid unit for $49.99 for testing against the more capable devices. The device works but most RVers and boaters would be better-served with a more advanced hotspot.
Our members have access to our full impressions below.
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L Ratings
A very basic Verizon mobile hotspot that lacks in key features.