US Mobile sells Unlimited (with limits) and Custom 'Build Your Own' Capped plans, as well as Family Plans.
The "Unlimited" plans also offer the option to add on "Ludicrous" (full LTE) speeds for $5/month.
All plans include International Roaming. Households with more than one plan are also eligible for bundled streaming services.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
Data Plans Available:
- Unlimited Plans
- GSM (T-Mobile) or Super LTE (Verizon)
- Base Price of $40
- 50GB of 5mbps speed data for SuperLTE (Verizon) on device - then 2G speeds
- 15GB of 5mbps speed data for GSM (T-Mobile) on device - then 2G speeds
- Always subject to Network Management
- Add "Ludicrous" speeds (150mpbs+ or full LTE speeds) for +$5
- Add mobile hotspot (MHS) capability for +$5
- Adds 10GB of either 5mbps or full-speed data dependent on if you've upgraded speeds. MHS is cut-off after 10GB.
- International Roaming included
- 'Fast' (5mbps) plans include 5GB of 4G/LTE International roaming data per month
- 'Ludicrous' plans include 10GB of 4G/LTE International roaming data per month
- Capped Plans
- All data is full speed
- 1.5GB - $10
- 2.5GB - $15
- 4GB - $20
- 8GB - $26
- Mobile hotspot use permitted without any additional fee
- Talk and text can be added to these plans - or you can purchase them as data only
- 250mb of International roaming data
- Additional International roaming data can be added at 'local rates' via the US Mobile app
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: T-Mobile (GSM), Verizon (Super LTE)
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Smartphone, Data Only, Tablet, Smart Devices, etc.
- Device Types Permitted: Any device with a SIM
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot on unlimited plans is $5/month for 10GB. On capped plans is no additional charge.
- Throttling: On Super LTE (Verizon) Unlimited plan, throttling to 2G after 50GB. On GSM (T-Mobile) plan, throttling to 2G after 15GB.
- Network Management: Always
- International Roaming: Included
- Domestic Roaming: No data roaming - some voice roaming.
- Plan Period: 30 days
- Data Roll Over: Base data allotment does not roll-over on capped plans. Top-up data expires 30 days from purchase date as long as the account is active for lines on the T-Mobile network and up to the end of the next billing cycle for the Verizon network (but you must have auto pay enabled).
- Overage Charges: There are no overage charges on prepaid plans. Once you use your data, data service is cut off or slowed. Data Top-Ups can be purchased.
- Streaming: Streaming services available for customers with more than one 'Unlimited' line under a single account.
- Unlimited: Some plans are advertised as unlimited, but these plans are throttled to 2G after a set amount of high-speed data (i.e.- 15GB). Unlimited plans include text/voice.
- Lines per account: Lines can't share voice/text/data, but, can have multiple plans listed under single name/dashboard for managing multiple plans.
- Device Lock/Unlock Policy: Unlocked
- Extras: Free VPN service
We do not keep a US Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
- US Mobile Reworks Plans & Adds Streaming Bundle Perks - Continues to Offer 'Limited' 'Unlimited' Plans Posted on: December 11, 2019
- US Mobile Makes Changes to Pricing Structure on Unlimited Plans Posted on: August 23, 2019
- US Mobile Goes A La Carte - Pick Your Verizon or T-Mobile Based Plan With Up To 20GB of Data Posted on: October 8, 2018
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.