US Mobile sells customizable plans, touting over 350+ combination options for plans involving voice, text, and/or data. They also sell "unlimited" data plans but these are actually just tiered data plans that throttle down to 2G speeds once the data bucket is used up.
The "Unlimited" plans also offer a choice of data speed (throttle). 1Mbps is free - the other two options are are "fast" (5Mbps) for $5/month extra or "ludicrous" (unthrottled) for $15/month extra.
US Mobile also provides customers with a free VPN service.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
Data Plans Available:
- 3GB Plan (no text/voice, no unlimited slowed data): $20
- 'Unlimited' Plans - Unlimited talk, voice + buckets of data at either 1Mbps, 5Mbps (+$5), Full-speed (+$15), then unlimited 'slowed' data. Add $10 for mobile hotspot (MHS) use.
- 5GB: $25 for 1mbps speeds (+$5/5mbps) (+$15/LTE) (+$10MHS)
- 10GB: $35 for 1mbps speeds (+$5/5mbps) (+$15/LTE) (+$10MHS)
- 20GB (advertised 'Unlimited*'): $40 for 1mbps speeds (+$5/5mbps) (+$15/LTE) (+$10MHS)
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: T-Mobile (GSM), Verizon (Super LTE)
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Smartphone, Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Any device with a SIM
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot on tiered custom plans is no additional charge, but is limited to 3GB/month. For the custom "unlimited" plans, mobile hotspot is a $10/month add-on.
- Throttling: The Unlimited plans offer a choice of throttle (data speed). 1Mbps is free. The other two options are are "fast" (5Mbps) for $5/month extra or "ludicrous" (unthrottled) for $15/month extra.
- Network Management: Always
- International Roaming: No international data roaming. Calls to Mexico / Canada are included if voice is included in the plan.
- Domestic Roaming: No data roaming - some voice roaming.
- Plan Period: 30 days
- Data Roll Over: Base data allotment does not roll-over on capped plans. Top-up data expires 30 days from purchase date as long as the account is active for lines on the T-Mobile network and up to the end of the next billing cycle for the Verizon network (but you must have auto pay enabled).
- Overage Charges: There are no overage charges on prepaid plans. Once you use your data, data service is cut off or slowed. Data Top-Ups can be purchased.
- Streaming: No streaming services are provided.
- Unlimited: Some plans are advertised as unlimited, but these plans are throttled to 2G after a set amount of high-speed data (5, 10, or 20GB). Unlimited plans include text/voice.
- Lines permitted per account: Lines can't share voice/text/data, but, can have multiple plans listed under single name/dashboard for managing multiple plans.
- Device Lock/Unlock Policy: Unlocked
- Other perks: Free VPN service
We do not keep a US Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
- US Mobile Goes A La Carte - Pick Your Verizon or T-Mobile Based Plan With Up To 20GB of Data Posted on: October 8, 2018
- US Mobile Adds Verizon - And Unlimited Data Plans With Hotspot Posted on: October 30, 2017
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.