UnlimitedToGo offers rental unlimited data only plan lines on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
While they tout plans that are not subject to throttle caps, wording in their acceptable use policies does mention that network management may be implemented - although none of their plans mention what the network management threshold is. In addition, UnlimitedToGo reserves the right to deal with 'excessive usage', which they also do not define with a numeric threshold. Wording in their acceptable use policy defines excessive usages as:
"Excessive bandwidth or data usage that is deemed significantly higher than typical usage for which the networks are designed. Excessive data usage may negatively impact the Service provided to other members and customers. De-prioritization may be utilized in order to ensure optimal internet experience for all members and customers. Customers will be notified via email for excessive data usage."
They offer plans without an upfront membership fee cost. They also provide a 14-day trial. All of the plans are on a no-contract month-to-month basis, require no credit checks and are available to consumers and businesses alike. Customers are billed directly from UnlimitedToGo, and do not have a direct relationship with the carriers.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
- Pink - On T-Mobile's network for $139.99/month
- Red - On Verizon's network for $179.99/month
We have not yet tested these offerings, and do not currently have plans to do so.
Policies & Perks
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
- Carrier Relation: Reseller
- Plan Types Available: Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Hotspots, Routers
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Mobile Hotspot Use: All
- Throttling: All plans are advertised to be unthrottled, but a look at Acceptable Usage verbage notes that network management may be implemented on heavy users, and throttling could occur if you are an excessive user.
- Network Management: Yes - unknown limits
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: All of these plans include domestic roaming subject to the caps placed by each carrier.
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: N/A
- Overage Charges: No
- Streaming: There are no throttles on streaming video on these plans.
- Unlimited: Yes - all
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.