Ultra Mobile offers smartphone-based plans with voice, minutes, and data. The ability to mobile hotspot is available on all of their plans - including their 'unlimited' plans (which includes 32GB or 50GB of LTE speed data). Both multi-month, and single month plans are available.
Ultra Mobile is T-Mobile's partner in offering T-Mobile based Tourist Plans and Pay-As-You-Go plans. T-Mobile's prepaid website also links over to Ultra Mobile's website in advertising these plans. These plans can also be found in most T-Mobile storefronts.
Currently Available Plans:
- Tourist Plans
- Pay-As-You-Go Plans
- Multi-Month 'Unlimited' 3/6/12 Month Plan (32GB)
- 'Unlimited' 1 Month Plan (50GB) *TOP PICK*
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep an Ultra Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: T-Mobile
- Carrier Relation: MVNO, some partnering on specific plans (Tourist & Pay-As-You-Go)
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phone, Tablet
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a phone
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Allowed on all plans up to plan limits
- Throttling: Data is full speed up to plan LTE limits then slowed to 2G speeds
- Network Management: No specific threshold - but accounts are always subject to network management if needed by Ultra
- International Roaming: $0.20 per MB of data - all plans come with a one-time $5 roaming credit which rolls over. Canada & Mexico Data $0.05/MB.
- Domestic Roaming: Yes - but may incur additional fees.
- Plan Period: Plan Dependent - 1/3/6/12 months
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: No
- Streaming: Plans are always subject to streaming 'management' - but no specific throttle points.
- Unlimited: Two 'unlimited' plans are offered:
- The 3/6/12 month plan is slowed after 32GB of data is used. Mobile Hotspot is allowed on this plan.
- The Monthly plan is slowed after 50GB of data is used. Mobile Hotspot is allowed on this plan.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.