Ultra Mobile offers smartphone-based plans with voice, minutes, and data. The ability to mobile hotspot is available on all of their plans - including their 'unlimited' plans (which includes 32GB or 50GB of LTE speed data). Both multi-month, and single month plans are available.
Currently Available Plans:
- Single Month Plans
- Unlimited (50GB at high speed) - $39/month **TOP PICK**
- 15GB - $39/month
- 5GB, 2GB, and 1GB plans - $19-$29/month
- Multi-Month Plans
- Unlimited (32GB at high speed) - $40-$46/month
- 6GB, 3GB, and 1GB plans - $10-$28/month
- Carrier Networks Used: T-Mobile
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phone, Tablet
- Unlimited: Yes, but caps high-speed allowance (50GB on Single Month Plan and 32GB on Multi-Month Plan)
- High-Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Allowed on all plans up to plan limits
- Throttling: Data is full speed up to plan LTE limits then slowed to 2G speeds
- Network Management: No specific threshold - but accounts are always subject to network management if needed by Ultra
- Video Streaming Resolution: Can be selected by customer by using Data My Way Feature
- 5G Access: No
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a phone
- Plan Period: Monthly
- International Roaming: $0.20 per MB of data - all plans come with a one-time $5 roaming credit which rolls over. Canada & Mexico Data $0.05/MB.
- Domestic Roaming: Yes - but may incur additional fees.
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: No
- Extras: None
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos
- Ultra Mobile Limited-Time Promotional $39/mo Pricing on Unlimited Smartphone Plan (50GB at High Speed) Posted on: August 3, 2020
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.