This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
In mid 2020, we started hearing reports of TelTik not accepting new activations, and of customers having their service canceled.
As of September, they do not have any plans or phones listed on their site. There is a rolling banner at the top of their screen that states "All activations are currently on hold. Please check back for further updates."
We recommend using caution if using this vendor.
Teltik is a prepaid T-Mobile Authorized Reseller that offers T-Mobile Business service on smartphones.
Through Teltik, it is not hard to qualify as a "business" account. Folks who work as Uber drivers have reportedly been able to verify through sending Teltik a photo of their Uber dash.
As a T-Mobile authorized retailer, Teltik is able to offer many perks that T-Mobile MVNOs cannot, such as 'Binge On' (zero rated video streaming) on plans greater than 3GB and T-Mobile Tuesdays.
Some folks may be wary that Teltik is run by the same folks who ran Harbor Mobile.
- Carrier Networks Used: T-Mobile
- Carrier Relationship: Authorized Prepaid Reseller
- Plan Types Available: Phone, Tablet
- Device Types Permitted: Phones, Tablets, Wearables - " Any T-Mobile branded device, or one that is GSM unlocked, will work with our service."
- Unlimited: Available
- High Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Different plans offer varying amounts and/or speeds of mobile hotspot use. Mobile hotspot speeds are capped to 3G/600kbps after high-speed bucket is used.
- Throttling: Mobile hotspot speeds on some plans are capped to 3G/600kbps, on others capped buckets of high-speed data are offered, with 3G speeds after.
- Network Management: 30GB
- Video Streaming Resolution: All plans 3GB or higher include 'Binge On' and 'Music Freedom' zero rated streaming.
- 5G Access: No
- Device Purchase Required: No, and devices are not sold through Teltik
- Plan Period: Monthly
- International Roaming: Text and data coverage can be enabled (after 30 days of service) by emailing Teltik directly, in over 140 countries and destinations at no additional charge. Calls are 30 cents per minute internationally. (See here for more info)
- Domestic Roaming: Service includes 200MB of free domestic roaming across the United States. Text notifications are sent out at 80% & 100% use of domestic roaming data.
- Data Roll Over: Data Rollover (Data Stash) is included with some plans.
- Overage Charges: None
- Lines permitted per account: 10
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Stories:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.