Tello offers 'build your own' style plans. These plans let you create a custom plan by combining bundles of minutes, messages and data.
You can choose from a prepaid (auto-bill) option, or a pay-as-you-go option. Pay-as-you-go balances do not expire as long as a call, text, data usage or top-up occurs at least once every three months, but are pricier than auto-pay prepaid options.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Tello plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: Sprint
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone, Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Phones
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes - on all high-speed bucket data. Tethering is automatically disabled once high-speed bucket is used and 2G speed data is supplied to the device.
- Throttling: Speeds throttled to 2G after high-speed bucket is used.
- Network Management: None
- International Roaming: No data roaming.Calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included on prepaid.
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Plan Period: 30 days
- Data Roll Over: No. Any unused minutes or data will be lost after 30 days, when your prepaid plan is automatically renewed. However, they roll over if you manually renew or change your plan before the end of your current billing cycle and ONLY if the new plan contains the services that you previously had. For example, the minutes & data of your current plan will roll over if the new plan has minutes & data. However, if you decide to buy data only, the minutes will not roll over.
- Overage Charges: No.You can upgrade or downgrade your plan anytime with no extra fees. The change is instant, and your remaining balance will roll over for the next 30 days. Local and federal taxes are not included in pricing.
- Streaming: No packaged extras, no throttles on video.
- Unlimited: Unlimited 2G data, after you've used your LTE data on prepaid plans. No true unlimited option.
- Device Lock/Unlock Policy: To request to unlock a device purchased through Tello, the device must be currently active on Tello and the applicable account must have been active for at least 90 days. The account associated with the device cannot have more than 1 unlocked device within a 12 month period; each account is allowed 2 device unlocks within a 12 month period.
- Tello - A New Sprint MVNO With Configurable Plans Posted on: May 6, 2016
- Sprint Tower Cost-Cutting Leads to Fears of Service Interruptions, Reduced Coverage Posted on: January 21, 2016
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Tello is a Sprint MVNO with 'build your own' plans and either prepaid or pay-as-you-go options.