The Drive enables telematics for emergency assistance, fleet management, theft, tracking and more. This device plugs into the onboard diagnostic port (OBD-II) of 1996 and newer model year vehicles.
Telematics features are included with plans for this device.
Included in this Guide:
- Testing Status
- Drive Device
- Thoughts & Analysis (Member Only)
- Background Info (Member Only)
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to review the Sprint Drive
- Model Number: Drive
- # of Connected Devices: 8 via WiFi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Device can only be controlled through a paired smartphone app
Default SSID/Password: Sprint Drive / [email protected]<last 4 digits of IMEI>
- USB Tethering Support: None - on usable in a vehicle OBD-II port
- Supported Networks and Bands:
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 25, 26
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: Unknown
- LTE Performance Category: Unknown
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: None
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 2.4GHz 802.11n
- Claimed Battery Life: N/A - unit does not have a battery
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: N/A
- Dimensions: Unknown
- SIM Card Type: Integrated
- Retail Price: $120
Drive Cellular Plans
- We keep info on the plans available on Sprint's Connected Car Device(s) in our Gear Center Entry for Sprint Postpaid Plans.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.