The Drive enables telematics for emergency assistance, fleet management, theft, tracking and more. This device plugs into the onboard diagnostic port (OBD-II) of 1996 and newer model year vehicles.
Telematics features are included with plans for this device.
Included in this Guide:
- Testing Status
- Drive Device
- Thoughts & Analysis (Member Only)
- Background Info (Member Only)
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to review the Sprint Drive
- Model Number: Drive
- # of Connected Devices: 8 via WiFi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Device can only be controlled through a paired smartphone app
Default SSID/Password: Sprint Drive / Sprint@<last 4 digits of IMEI>
- USB Tethering Support: None - on usable in a vehicle OBD-II port
- Supported Networks and Bands:
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 25, 26
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: Unknown
- LTE Performance Category: Unknown
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: None
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 2.4GHz 802.11n
- Claimed Battery Life: N/A - unit does not have a battery
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: N/A
- Dimensions: Unknown
- SIM Card Type: Integrated
- Retail Price: $120
Drive Cellular Plans
- We keep info on the plans available on Sprint's Connected Car Device(s) in our Gear Center Entry for Sprint Postpaid Plans.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.