Reach only bills you for the data you use - even if you sign up for a plan that offers more data than you are able to consume, Reach will automatically move your bill down to the plan that most closely matches the data you used in a month.
All plans include unlimited talk and text.
Most Reach plans are 'shareable' - meaning that you can add a phone line to a plan for +$20/month and that line can then share in the data bucket you have selected.
All data is usable via mobile hotspot.
Reach Mobile currently only offers talk/text/data plans (no data only plans).
Reach does offer an 'unlimited' plan - which is actually 20GB of high-speed data then unlimited "potentially slower speeds after that." Upon follow-up of what "potentially slower speeds after that" meant - we were informed that "potentially slower speeds after that" means a hard throttle of 2G speeds.
Available Plans (taxes/fees not included)
- 1GB - $20
- 3GB - $35
- 5GB - $45
- 10GB - $60
- 20GB (Unlimited 2G) - $75
The above plans are priced for the Verizon network, although pricing on the AT&T network is consistent - with the customer requesting which network's SIM card they would like to receive.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Reach Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks:
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon (AT&T)
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: iPhones
- Device Purchase Required: No
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Allowed on all plans
- Throttling: On 'unlimited' plan, data is throttled to 2G speeds after plan's data bucket is used.
- Network Management: Always behind Verizon direct
- International Roaming: None as of September 2019 - but customer service reports 'coming soon'
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Plan Period: Month
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming: No streaming services bundled
- Unlimited: Is actually 20GB of high-speed, then 2G unlimited throttled speeds.
- Lines permitted per account: 4
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.