T-Mobile Merger Notes
Last Update: August 10th, 2020
Sprint is now part of T-Mobile, as per the merger that closed on April 1, 2020.
New Sprint customers are directed to T-Mobile to sign up for their plans, however, some of Sprint's legacy plans are still available in-store or over the phone.
Customers on existing direct Sprint plans will be able to retain those plans for the next three years without price increases or changes to features.
The two networks still operate mostly independently with their own towers and frequency bands. Some Sprint customers can have their Sprint phones coded to make the T-Mobile network the primary network for their phones instead of Sprint. Sprint customers with recent 5G phones such as the Galaxy S10 automatically use T-Mobile as the primary network since the combined company is shutting down Sprint's 5G service.
At present time - aside from Boost being sold to Dish Network - there are no changes to 3rd party, reseller, non-profit or MVNO plans sold on the Sprint network. However, we are continuing to monitor the situation and will update as appropriate.
Pulse Cellular plans are labeled by carrier, a rarity in the reseller world.
All plans seem to include mobile hotspot use, however, phone plans must be used in a phone device.
Currently Available Plans
- Verizon: 30GB - $90/month
- T-Mobile: 50GB - $65/month
- Sprint: Unlimited - $60/month
Hotspot Basic Plans
- Verizon: 30GB - $99/month
- AT&T: 22GB - $85/month
- T-Mobile: Unlimited - $99/month
- Sprint: 30GB - $70/month
Hotspot Premium Plans
- AT&T: Unlimited - $125/month
- T-Mobile: Unlimited - $125/month
- Sprint: 50GB - $95/month
Tablet Basic Plan
- T-Mobile: 50GB - $60/month
*Static IP available for T-Mobile: $10 a month add-on charge
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO / Reseller
- Plan Types Available: Phone or Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Phone, Hotspot, Tablet, Router
- Unlimited: Yes
- High Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Varies by plan
- Throttling: Varies by plan
- Network Management: Varies by plan
- Video Streaming Resolution: Varies by plan
- 5G Access: No
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Plan Period: 30 days, 6 months
- International Roaming: Plan dependent - a few offer Virgin Island / Canada / Mexico
- Domestic Roaming: Reportedly, yes
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: None
- Lines per account: One
- Extras: None
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Stories:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.