Peplink is a large and respected company in the high-end mobile networking space, particularly well known for providing cellular connectivity for everything from fleets of vehicles to cruise ships to dispersed corporate offices.
The Pepwave Balance 30 Pro is part of the balance line of routers, which are primarily intended for use in branch offices but can be options for mobile users. One advantage of the 30 Pro over some mobile routers like the Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2, is that it supports USB tethering.
For an overview of the full Pepwave product line (and a look at some of the software features in common across different devices), see our product lineup entry:
- Model: Pepwave Balance 30 Pro
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: 1-60
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Default Control Panel Address: Not specified
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Ethernet Ports: 2x Gigabit Ethernet (WAN) and 4x Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) - POE capable.
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Cellular Modem: Single 4G
- Supported Networks and Bands: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint
- 4G/LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41
- 3G Bands: WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
- 2G: No
- MIMO Support: 2X2 MIMO
- LTE Performance Category: Cat-6 (Max Theoretical Speed: 300 Mbps Down / 50 Mbps Up)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: 2x Download
- Cellular Antennas: 2x SMA/Female Antenna Ports
- SIM Slots: 2x Mini-SIM
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 10.2 x 5.6 inches
- Other Ports:
- Power Source: DC Connector, 10V - 56V; 12V2A Power Supply included
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Special Features: Pepwave Speedfusion
- Retail Price: $799
News, Videos & Status
We do not intend to acquire a Balance 30 Pro for testing.
Related News Articles
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer). We request vendors give our members bigger discounts instead of giving us affiliate kickbacks.
Member Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our MIAs get special discounts from these vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. Some vendors offer up to 10% off - you could save more than the cost of your membership on major purchases.
Members - be sure to check the Member Discounts page for some potentially substantial savings on purchasing Pepwave routers. Some of these discounts can actually exceed the cost of membership here!
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support multiple internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
For more on learning about mobile routers and how they might fit in your setup, follow up with our educational resources: