Peplink is a large and respected company in the high-end mobile networking space, particularly well known for providing cellular connectivity for everything from fleets of vehicles to cruise ships to dispersed corporate offices.
The Pepwave Balance Pro 30 is part of the balance line of routers, which are primarily intended for use in branch offices but can be options for mobile users. One advantage of the Pro 30 over some mobile routers like the Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2, is that it supports USB tethering.
For an overview of the full Pepwave product line (and a look at some of the software features in common across different devices), see our product lineup entry:
- Model: Pepwave Balance Pro 30
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: 1-60
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Ethernet Ports: 2x 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (WAN) and 4x 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) - POE capable.
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Supported Networks and Bands: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint
- 4G/LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41
- 3G Bands: WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
- 2G: No
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes
- MIMO Support: 2X2 MIMO
- LTE Performance Category: Cat-6 - Max Theoretical Speed: 300 Mbps Down / 50 Mbps Up
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x SMA/Female Antenna Ports
- SIM Slots: Dual Mini-SIM
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 10.2 x 5.6 inches
- Other Ports:
- Power Source: DC Connector, 10V - 56V; 12V2A Power Supply included
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Special Features: Pepwave Speedfusion
- Retail Price: $799
News, Videos & Status
We do not intend to acquire a Balance Pro 30 for testing.
Related News Articles
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier, and we do not endorse any specific vendor. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
Members - be sure to check the Member Discounts page for some potentially substantial savings on purchasing Pepwave routers. Some of these discounts can actually exceed the cost of membership here!
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
To learn more, head on over to our guides that cover these topics further: