Their service is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) only - they do not sell any equipment. Any device that is compatible with the AT&T network should work on i3 Mobile, as should unlocked T-Mobile phones. If you have a question about whether or not your current phone will work on their network, they have a Device Compatibility Checker on their site.
All of their phone plans offer unlimited talk and text in the U.S., Mexico and Canada, as well as to/from Mexico and Canada. They offer both consumer and business plans.
Video streaming is provided at a minimum resolution of 480p - but could be higher.
While their plans are unlimited, they do have some of the usual language around "reasonable use." Also, it should be noted that they will terminate service if a data device (i.e. a hotspot) is activated on a phone plan. Data devices must be activated on data plans only.
From their site:
Data only plan:
- Unlimited data
- Unlimited data
- Unlimited data + Mobile Hotspot
Prices include taxes. There is a $5/SIM card fee that covers the cost of the card and shipping.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not currently keep an i3 Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T
- Carrier Relation: MVNO, reseller
- Plan Types Available: Phone and data only.
- Device Types Permitted: Smartphones and hotspots
- Data only devices can only be activated on data only plans.
- Device Purchase Required: No, i3 Mobile does not sell any equipment.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: All data is available for mobile hotspot use on plans which permit hotspot.
- Throttling: None.
- Network Management: After 22GB, data may be deprioritized in times of heavy network congestion but will continue to operate at full speed when the network is no longer congested.
- International Roaming: Roaming in Mexico is included with no additional charges on the Unlimited + Mobile Hotspot plan only.
- Domestic Roaming: Charges may apply if you are outside of coverage area.
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: No, but you can add additional data if you run out (one the capped data plans).
- Steaming: Minimum resolution of 480p.
- Unlimited: Yes, there are no high speed caps on the unlimited plans. They are subject to possible Network Management after 22GB.
- Lines Per Account:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.