More unusually - MoFi routers can also USB tether via iOS or Android powered phones as well. MoFi actually pioneered iOS tethering - offering it as an optional feature (it required special firmware on the 3500-3GN) long before WiFiRanger added it.
And for those who want integrated cellular capability, higher end variants of the MoFi 4500 even come with a cellular modem built right in - similar to the Pepwave MAX BR1, but at substantially less cost.
All the key software features seem to be there - including relatively clunky WiFi-as-WAN capability to share a remote WiFi network, automatic failover to the best connection, and bandwidth usage tracking.
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Cellular Tethering via USB: 1x USB Port
- Integrated Cellular Modem: No
- Ethernet Ports: 5x 100Mbps Fast Ethernet (WAN / LAN Configurable)
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover
- Power Source: 12v or 110v AC
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $149.99
Review & Testing Status
We have included this model in our head to head testing:
- 2016 RV Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2017 Posted on: January 6, 2017
- Cradlepoint Embraces LTE-Advanced, Multi-Carrier Radios Posted on: June 1, 2016
- MoFi Announces Next Generation "All Providers" MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4 V2 Cellular Router Posted on: April 13, 2016
- A Promising New Cellular Router - Introducing the MoFi 4500 Posted on: August 24, 2015
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.