Flash Wireless is an MVNO which offers plans on the Verizon and Sprint networks.
They offer phone based voice/text/data plans.
Verizon (Green) plans are capped and offer scant data buckets - currently without mobile hotspot usage.
Sprint based (Yellow) plans come with shareable tiered data or "unlimited" (actually only 22GB) on-device data with limited mobile hotspot buckets.
Flash Wireless plan labeling correlates with the underlying network being used on the plan:
- Green= Verizon
- Yellow= Sprint
T-Mobile Merger Notes
Last Update: August 10th, 2020
Sprint is now part of T-Mobile, as per the merger that closed on April 1, 2020.
New Sprint customers are directed to T-Mobile to sign up for their plans, however, some of Sprint's legacy plans are still available in-store or over the phone.
Customers on existing direct Sprint plans will be able to retain those plans for the next three years without price increases or changes to features.
The two networks still operate mostly independently with their own towers and frequency bands. Some Sprint customers can have their Sprint phones coded to make the T-Mobile network the primary network for their phones instead of Sprint. Sprint customers with recent 5G phones such as the Galaxy S10 automatically use T-Mobile as the primary network since the combined company is shutting down Sprint's 5G service.
At present time - aside from Boost being sold to Dish Network - there are no changes to 3rd party, reseller, non-profit or MVNO plans sold on the Sprint network. However, we are continuing to monitor the situation and will update as appropriate.
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon or Sprint
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phones
- Unlimited: The advertised "Unlimited" plan is actually only 22GB - after that, speed is slowed to 128kbps.
- High Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes, plan dependent
- Throttling: Data is throttled to 128kpbs speeds after plan's data bucket is used. For "unlimited" plans, this threshold is 22GB.
- Network Management: Always
- Video Streaming Resolution: Not specififed
- 5G Access: No
- Device Purchase Required: Flash Wireless offers a limited selection of new or refurbished phones but also supports a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) option.
- Plan Period: 30 days
- International Roaming: None.
- Domestic Roaming: Voice only
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: Yes - If you select a plan with a data limit, once your data limit is reached, and if Data Boost is enabled, additional 1GB increments of high speed data will be added to your account at the rate listed within your plan description. You can disable Data Boost.
- Lines permitted per account: 4
- Extras: None
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.