Plans range in data buckets of 1GB - 20GB ("unlimited"), where all lines on a plan share in allotted data. All plans come with unlimited talk and text. All Verizon based plans on Credo are throttled to 5mbps.
While Credo does promote an 'unlimited' plan, that plan is subject to throttling down to 128kbps - a pretty much unusable speed - after 20GB of data is used.
All data is available to use via mobile hotspot.
Historically, Credo provided service on the Sprint network until switching to Verizon's network in August of 2016.
They pride themselves on supporting progressive values and donate a small percentage of the money made from their phone plans to progressive activism.
Be wary - once you have used your monthly data on capped plans (all but the 'unlimited' plan), you will be automatically charged $15/1GB overage. You can upgrade your data bucket mid-month to prevent overage charges, however, there is no option to throttle data speeds or shut data off completely once your data bucket limit is reached.
Domestic roaming is included at no additional charge; however, there is no international roaming - including to Mexico and Canada. Voice to Canada and Mexico from the US is included.
Credo has also been known to offer interesting promotions - such as receiving 14 pints of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream in addition to a 30% discount on data plans for 2 years. They also offer to 'buy out' your current contract (if you have one) and switch to a 2-year contract with Credo.
Currently Available Plans:
- 9GB - $55/month smartphone; $50/month tablet
- 15GB - $70/month smartphone; $65/month tablet
- Unlimited (20GB at highspeed) - $70/month smartphone; $65/month tablet
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phones, Tablets
- Unlimited: Yes, but 20GB at high speed, then 128kbps
- High Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes
- Throttling: All Verizon based plans are throttled to 5mbps. On 'unlimited' data plan, speeds are further throttled to 64kbps after 20GB has been used.
- Network Management: None
- Video Streaming Resolution: 480p
- 5G Access: No
- Device Purchase Required: Yes
- Plan Period: 30 days
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: Included
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: Once you have used your monthly data on capped plans (all but the 'unlimited' plan), you will be automatically charged $15/1GB overage
- Lines permitted per account: 5
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.